August 05, 2017

Sublo and Tangy Mustard #5 - Opposites

When Katy tells them they're too similar, Sublo and Tangy Mustard try to prove how distinct they are from each other.

This is the first cartoon of a new batch/season! I'm hoping to release S&TM more frequently, ideally one a month or so. Right now I'm already halfway through animating the next episode. It'll be longer like the previous ones, but to start things off I wanted to do something really quick and simple. I'd had the premise for this one in my head for a while, but I didn't think it was enough to base a whole episode around. Then after rewatching a bunch of old Jake and Amir sketches I was inspired to do it, but just make it really short like theirs are. In general that series has always been an influence on Sublo and Tangy Mustard-- I like the way it steam-rolls through logic to get to a ridiculous premise before you even realize what's happened, which is what I tried to do with this episode.

No comments: