September 09, 2019

Pixelatl 2019

I was invited to attend the Pixelatl animation festival this year in Cuernavaca, Mexico to be part of a Bojack Horseman panel. It was my first time in Mexico and I had a wonderful time! The festival was amazing, and the city was beautiful. Everyone was really welcoming, and I made a lot of cool new friends. The food was delicious everywhere we went and I even managed to squeeze in a few screenings including Masaaki Yuasa's new film Ride Your Wave.





Along with our Bojack panel, we did a signing. Above you can see us trying to practice drawing the characters minutes before we started.
Hard at work signing, for three hours straight! It really flew by though. We had a great time meeting so many fans of the show, and although it was supposed to rain, it never did. Phew!

 I drew a lot of Tuca and Bertie along with Bojack characters. So many fans told me how upset they were about the cancellation. It was nice.
I was even asked to draw Sublo and Tangy Mustard, which was the biggest thrill of the whole festival!

No comments: